POLICY: TRASH DUMPSTER (COMPACTOR)
The original developers of Camelot Forest made specific provisions in the Deed Restrictions for the residents to provide for their own garbage and trash disposal. When the Association took over, it began providing a small dumpster for homeowners' garbage. Over the years, the service has been expanded to the point where a Trash Dumpster (Compactor) is now available for homeowners' garbage and household trash. While committed to the concept, the Board of Directors reserves the right to suspend, curtail or eliminate entirely the Trash Dumpster (Compactor) when, in its judgment, financial constraints, resident abuse, or other cause makes it necessary to take such action.
Trash is something worthless to the owner, discarded material, or refuse. Recyclables are not trash. For the purpose of this policy, large, heavy, bulky items that may be considered as trash are not allowed to be put in the Trash Dumpster (Compactor) because of the damage they can cause to the machinery.
- The Trash Dumpster (Compactor) is provided only for residents of Camelot Forest who are members in good standing in the community. A member in good standing is defined as a member who has current dues paid and/or who has entered into a formal regular payment agreement plan.
- The Trash Dumpster (Compactor) is for household trash generated by the residents of Camelot Forest. Trash from outside the Community may not be brought in regardless of the circumstances.
- Trash may be delivered to the Trash Dumpster (Compactor) only within the time limits as designated by the Association.
- No yard litter is permitted; it should be composted.
- By State law, no recyclable materials are permitted. Recyclables include clear, brown, and green glass bottles and jars, aluminum and tin cans, newspapers and inserts, magazines, plastics designated 1 and 2, and corrugated cardboard boxes. Residents found to be in violation of this recycling provision will be warned and/or fined by the Association. If abuse continues, violators will be referred to proper State authorities for further action.
- No hazardous waste of any type. Contact (800) 502-6055 for free pick-up by the County.
- No hot ashes from stoves or fireplaces.
- No lumber or home improvement bulk trash items.
- No contractor waste of any sort.
- No heavy, bulky items that will jam the Trash Dumpster (Compactor). Such items should be stored until they can be deposited in the Bulk Trash Dumpster when it is available.
- No tires or tires on rims.
- All trash must be placed in the Trash Dumpster (Compactor). If closed, filled or locked, please return at a later time. Do not leave your trash at the site. Violators will be fined and/or prosecuted.
- Any resident or renter (full-time or otherwise) who is found to be in violation of this policy or who willfully and knowingly is found to be responsible for jamming or damaging the compactor will have their privileges suspended and will be held accountable for repair cost and additional pick-up charges should they apply.
- Households generating business-related trash will be monitored so as to ensure that such trash complies with this policy and that it does not exceed normal household volume