POLICY: SHEDS AND OTHER OUTBUILDINGS
Deed Restriction Number # 4 states that "No outbuildings, other than a garage or carport, shall be permitted." Over a thirty year period, a significant number of members have, without permission from the Association, constructed sheds and other outbuildings on their property. Because of this and the fact that many members expressed their desire to have sheds, the Board of Directors in 1990 decided that there was a need to control outbuildings. Therefore, this policy has been developed to clarify and ensure that such outbuildings conform to the high standards desired by the Association membership and that they do not impact in an unsightly manner on the community and especially your neighbors.
- An approved copy of a Tobyhanna Township permit and any variances for such outbuildings must accompany Camelot Forest Conservation Association's (CFCA) Building Permit Application. There presently is no fee for CFCA's permit. Said Building Permit Application must include a plot plan and/or a drawing indicating the location and set backs.
- Tobyhanna Township requires a minimum front setback of (50) fifty feet, rear setback of (25) twenty five feet , and side setback of (25) feet to be observed and indicated as such on the plot plan application. No outbuilding may be closer than (8) feet to an existing home.
- No shed will be permitted in front of the frontline of the home structure without CFCA approval.
- The shed must conform to the house siding, color, trim and roof colors and materials. Metal or plastic sheds are not permitted.
- No shed can exceed the following dimensions: WIDTH twelve (12) feet; LENGTH, sixteen (16) feet; HEIGHT, ten (10) feet to the highest point of the roof line. No overhead doors (garage type) will be permitted. The total width of the doors is not to exceed six (6) feet. The dimensions are for the cube of the building and allowances will be made for roof overhang.
- Multiple sheds are not allowed. The homeowner will be required to remove any multiple sheds to conform to this policy in order to receive a Certificate of Resale. Such removal must be certified by the Home Site Committee of CFCA before the issuance of said certificate.
- Tree houses are not allowed. Any existing tree house must be removed in order to receive a Certificate of Resale. Such removal must be certified by the Home Site Committee of CFCA before the issuance of said certificate.
- Existing non-conforming outbuildings will be permitted to remain. However, when replaced, modified, or when the property is sold, they must conform to these regulations and Township Ordinances. Exceptions, if any, will only be granted by the Home Site Committee with the Board of Directors approval.